Jennifer A. Richards
Phone: (734) 261-2400
Jennifer Richards is an attorney in our Livonia office where she concentrates her practice on appeals, law enforcement defense and litigation, municipal law and insurance defense.
She writes briefs for submission to all levels of state and federal courts, arguing cases in all levels of state and federal courts of appeals, and performing research for all areas of law handled by the Firm.
Prior to joining CMDA, Ms. Richards served as a research extern at the Michigan Court of Appeals drafting research reports and proposed opinions for Michigan Court of Appeals’ judges in criminal cases. Additionally, she worked as a student intern in the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Veterans Clinic assisting military veterans with their benefit requests before the Veterans Administration.
Juris Doctor, summa cum laude,
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Michigan State University
- Frank Murphy Honor Society Inductee (top 10% of graduating class)
- Recipient of the Deans Scholarship
- Member of the National Order of Barristers
- Dean’s List, 2013-2015
- Law Review Title Editor
- Competitor in 2014 National Veterans Law Moot Court Competition in Washington D.C.
- Best Respondent’s Brief Award, 2014 National Veterans Law Moot Court Competition
- Recipient of the Book Award for the highest grade in Pre-Trial Litigation Law Firm Program, Advanced Legal Research, Secured Transactions, Veterans Law Clinic, Family Law, First Amendment, Criminal Procedure, Human Rights, Advanced Advocacy, Environmental Law, Evidence, Property, Civil Procedure, and Criminal Law
Additional Jurisdictions and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2015
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2016
Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys (MAMA)